Instagram Stories has become the disposable content platform of choice after some bad UI decisions and celebrity disapproval (ahem, Kylie Jenner) led users away from Snapchat. If you’re still wondering how you can use Instagram Stories to complement your feed then look no further. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Vlog – Share your day YouTube style on your stories!
- Choose your adventure – Let your audience decide how you spend your day. Use polls for what to wear, where to go and what to do.
- Before and after – Show your followers how you edit your pics with a before and after reveal.
- Ask questions – Ask for help, advice, tips or feedback with a question directing users to leave a comment on your latest post or direct message you.
- Behind the scenes – Next time you’re snapping a shot for the gram take some clips showing the ‘making of’.
- OOTD – Whether your staying in your pajamas or off to work, share your outfit of the day.
- Post a meme – Screenshot something that made you laugh and share it with your followers.
- Do an interview with a friend – Introduce them to your audience and answer some questions.
- Share the castoffs – Use stories to post the pictures that didn’t quite make your feed.
- Choose your next post – Use the poll feature to allow users to pick the photo you next upload.
- Post a quote – Find a graphical quote image you love and share it on your stories.
- Do a shout out – Share the Instagram accounts you feel inspired by, make sure to tag them.
- Do a tutorial – Whether it’s doing your makeup or editing your photos, offering value to your audience will never go astray.
- Share your favourite song – Take a screenshot of Spotify and let your followers know what you’re listening to.
- Do a Q&A – Ask for an answer questions from your followers. Let them get to know you a bit more!
Good luck ‘grammers!
P.S. You may have noticed a new option in the header called Social Aussies. It’s the largest Facebook group created specifically for Australian Social Influencers – if you’re an Aussie Influencer head on over here and join us.